Enquiries & Bookings
07773 675 146
Opening hours can be found on my Contacts Page
Training and Workshops
Ante-natal Massage Tuition for Pregnancy and Labour
This course has been designed to give your partner or birth partner, the confidence to perform safe and effective massage throughout your pregnancy and during the early stages of labour. Massage has been found to help alleviate many pregnancy ills – including heartburn, backache, constipation, cramp, morning sickness, insomnia and oedema – as well as easing the pain and discomfort of labour.
- Learn professional massage strokes and a full-body massage routine for pregnancy and labour
- Acquire an understanding of your partner’s specific needs and learn necessary precautions – along with general contra-indications during pregnancy
- Learn how to create the right environment for relaxation and discreet towel handling
- Learn appropriate positioning for a safe and comfortable massage
- Receive a detailed manual, which includes an at-a-glance list of Essential Oils to avoid during pregnancy
- Gain an opportunity to build a connection with your baby in the womb
Duration: 2 hours. (for one-to-one tuition) £65
*For group tuition, please contact me to discuss the number of participants, the duration of the training, and associated fee.
Baby Massage & Reflexology Tuition
It is vital that physical contact be introduced to your baby as soon as is humanly possible after birth. This helps your child connect and bond with its parent(s) – promoting both emotional and physical well-being. Massage will assist your beautiful baby to grow, both emotionally and physically, in the safe environment of your warm, gentle touch.
- Initiate bonding between parent(s) and baby
- Learn when the most effective and beneficial times are to massage your child
- Learn a full-body massage routine
- Learn a reflexology routine for specific ailments
Effects of the Learning Objectives:
- This non-verbal form of communication creates a sense of trust, love and devotion
- It is soothing to the mind and spirit for both parent(s) and baby, and stimulates emotional development
- Induces sleep and deep relaxation, and creates a happy, contented child
- Helps to increase the weight of premature babies
- Increases circulation of blood and lymph flow – thereby stimulating muscle tone and coordination
- Improves immune function and resistance to infection
One-to-one tuition and small groups are catered for, in an informal, fun and relaxed environment. A manual and oil is included in the course price.
Duration: 3 x 45 minute sessions (for one-to-one tuition) £65
*For group tuition, please contact me to discuss the number of participants, the duration of the training, and relevant fee.
An Introduction to Massage
This course will give you the skills and confidence to perform a back, neck, shoulder and facial massage on friends and family. During your day with me, you will be taken through the history of massage, shown safety and contra-indication factors, introduced to professional massage strokes, and taught a step by step massage routine. You will also receive a detailed manual to keep and refer to. The aim of the day is to learn a new, effective skill, in a fun, relaxed environment.
- Gain an understanding of the history and purpose of massage
- Gain an understanding of the contra-indications people may have to massage
- Learn and understand professional massage strokes
- Learn an effective back, neck, shoulder and facial massage
- Enjoy giving and receiving massage for relaxation
Duration: 6 hours. (10am to 5pm) A minimum number of four students is required for a days training. £65 per person
Please contact me regarding forthcoming dates.